Helloooooo der my friend…hope everything is good with you. It’s Dan here and I thought I would inject some personality into ole this bloggity blog.
I remember everyone was doing this on Facebook a long time ago and it was quite popular…I actually did a blog about this a loooonnng time ago and it got the most responses I have ever seen, so I decided to bring it back.
I want to share with you 21 Totally random things about myself. Just to give you a little insight on the Man, the Myth..the Legend <—-That is a joke btw. With that being said…I guess I’ll start it off:
21 Totally Random Things about Ninjaman
Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful…BARF!
1. I love all kinds of music but Hip Hop has a special place in my heart. Especially when I work out: GANGSTA rap is my music of choice. There was a time when my actual music play list was accidentally played during one of my boot camp workouts…let’s just say…the women were not pleased with the language!
2. I drive a Corolla. Not exactly a stealthy vehicle to use for a Ninja like me but it gets me from point A to point B just fine ????
3. I love the Toronto Raptors. Yes…they suck. And yes they break my heart continuously. It’s like that Ex you keep on coming back to. They will always have a place in your heart.
4. I use Intermittent Fasting as a regular way to eat. It’s easy, keeps me lean, and helps my workouts tremendously. In fact it’s 11:30am and I haven’t had a meal since 9pm last night. And I feel just fine.
5. I have/had an obscene addiction to Facebook. I really think they should have Facebook addiction support groups. I have since weened myself off of FB by turning off the notifications on my Iphone.
6. I really feel that my own body is like my laboratory. I wouldn’t test any workout or any nutrition plan on anyone but myself first. And once I have experimented on myself…I test out my theories on my clients.
And I have done some very stupid things before like: only drinking protein shakes for a month, eating more and bulking my body up to get bigger (I ended up looking like a fat marshmallow), doing bodybuilding workouts, not stretching regularly, not massaging regularly, doing long cardio sessions etc..
7. I was a total screw up in high school and college. Not just in school but in life in general. If it wasn’t for discovering my passion for fitness and working out in the gym…I’d probably be doing a job I hate right now.
8. The reason I work primarily with women is because I lost my mom when I was in my early twenties. She was the one who inspired to live out my dreams and start my career in fitness. She constantly pushed me to strive for more in my life and I wanted to give women that same inspiration to make change in their lives and that starts with changing their bodies.
It s0unds really sappy but it’s the truth ????
Pic of Mom and me ????
9. A lot of people (guys especially) think that I work with only with women because I’m trying to get into relationships with them. The truth is that I don’t date clients. I’ll never say never but one of my philosophies is that I’ll never mix business with pleasure.
And I did have a ex-girlfriend take my class before for about a month. When we got in arguments it would be the most awkward situation you could ever imagine when we saw each other in boot camp class.
10. I am constantly learning and growing. And I pay to constantly learn and grow. Here are a couple things I do on a regular basis to stay on the cutting edge of fat loss:
I’m paying $1000 a month to be a part of a Fitness mastermind that includes the best fitness experts in the world.
I’m buying and reading at least one fitness book each month.
I’m still training my current boot camps. This is where I get most of my education. When I’m in the trenches and training clients is when I learn the most about my nutrition and exercise programs. It’s also where I’m able to innovate and come up with new workouts.
11. I really believe that excuses are weak and lame! I believe that once you get excuses out of your vocabulary you will start to make changes. Everyone is going to try and convince themselves to stay in their comfort zones. The ones that are repeatedly staying out of them are the successful ones.
Here is something I wrote on my Facebook awhile ago:
12. I am 100x harder on myself than anyone else can be. I put so much damn pressure on myself that sometimes I have to stop, breathe and relax. I just want to do so many things and get so many things accomplished. It comes with the territory of being a business owner.
13. If one of my passions is fitness…the other has to be business. I love owning my own business and the highs and lows that come with it.
15. My main purpose and goals in life is not only to get women into incredible shape…it’s also to travel the world and experience everything it has to offer.
First trip will be to Asia for three months in October. The next one will be either Australia or Europe. Here is my travel sched for the year so far:
Traveling to Vegas this week for a fitness mastermind meeting.
Going to the OC for a fitness conference March 18th
May or April I’m back in Vegas again for another fitness mastermind meeting
July I’m in Vegas YET AGAIN for my friends graduation party
October I’ll be in Asia for hopefully three months celebrating my Dad’s wedding and my friends Wu and Irene’s wedding.
I also crossed off one of the items on my bucket list this year when I went surfing for the first time in Punta Cana. It was AWESOME!
16. My guilty pleasures have to be The Jersey Shore and Haagen Daz Caramel Almond ice cream bars. Mmmmmm….Nomnomnom.
17. My main belief is that fitness should fit around your lifestyle. It should be a lifestyle but not stop you from doing certain things.
18. My mission in the world is to help 1 Million women change their bodies and get into an incredible shape they can be proud of. Sometimes that just means getting back into their old pair or skinny jeans. Not all women’s have a main goal to look like Giselle Bundchen and marry Tom Brady. I think magazines and TV advertisements put a lot of pressure on women to look that way and it’s really not fair or realistic. It’s really okay to get into a shape that you can be proud of whether that means losing 20 pounds or getting into a dress one size smaller.
19. Sometimes I step back and can’t really believe that I’m able to live out my passion for fitness and be of total service to the world by helping women get into shape. It’s crazy how the world works sometimes. I’m really appreciative and grateful for this opportunity to do something I love to do. I’m also appreciative that you are reading this blog and also taking my boot camp classes.
20. I am a hot sauce FIEND. I love me all types of hot sauces…the hotter the better. My friends think I’m crazy because I’ll sometimes be sweating while eating a meal because it’s so hot. LOVE IT.
21. I have spent the past 6 months working on a fitness product that will help you lose weight, tone up and fit back into your old pair of jeans from high school In only 1 hour a week. It is one of the most effective fat loss products out there. How would I know that? Because I own all of them.
It will be a culmination of my fat loss workout/nutrition philosophy and the best part about it is…you can do it in your own home in only an hour a week.
That’s it…I hope you enjoyed this blog post! Stay tuned because this week I’ll be giving you a quick 10 minute workout you can right in the comfort of your own home.